WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
When you contact us or interact with our Service we collect information that alone or in combination with other information could be used to identify you (“Personal Data”). The Personal Data collected during these interactions may vary based on what you choose to share with us, but it will generally include:
- Account Data: When you sign up, some information is required to create an account on our Service, such as your name, username, email address.
- Social Media Data: We support social media signup/login. We also have pages (“Social Media Pages”) on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter (each a “Social Media Site”). The companies that provide social media signup/login and/or host our Social Media Pages or Social Media Features may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages and Social Media Features.
- User Generated Content: User-generated content, such as profile pictures, GPS routes, photos, images, videos, voice/text memos, comments, questions, messages, and other content or information that you generate, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, as well as associated metadata. Metadata includes information on how, when, where and by whom a piece of content was collected and how that content has been formatted or edited. Metadata also includes information that users can add or can have added to their content, such as keywords, geographical or location information, and other similar data.
- Additional Information: To help improve your experience or enable certain features of the Service, you may choose to provide us with additional information, such as your date of birth/age, height, weight, gender, profile picture, city of residence, mailing address, community username, statistics on your outdoor activity history and your comments, likes.
Additionally, when you visit, use, interact and register with the Service, we may automatically receive certain information about your visit, use, interactions or registration. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit our Site or Ramblr Apps, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited on our Site or Ramblr Apps, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access and visit our Site (e.g. Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and Site- and Ramblr App-navigation patterns. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Data: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site or Ramblr Apps. Log data includes your IP address (so we understand which country you are connecting from when you visit the Site or Ramblr Apps), browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site or Ramblr Apps.
- Device Data: Includes the name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings. We may also collect data from your device to estimate a variety of metrics like the time, frequency and duration of, and calories burned during, your activities for the purpose of calculating your Usage and Activity Data (described below).
- Usage and Activity Data: We collect information about how you use our Site and Ramblr Apps, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency and duration of, and moving route / calories burned during your activities.
- Geolocation Data: If you have enabled location services for an Ramblr App on your mobile device or on your computer via the Site, we may collect your precise location information based on city, state, zip code, country, latitude and longitude. Ramblr may also derive your approximate location from the IP address of your computer or mobile device. Geolocation data is used for purposes of directing you to nearby trails and parks and offering other relevant content and services.
- Advertising ID Data: We collect advertising identifiers only for advertising and user analytics. We never collect any persistent device identifiers (such as SSAID, MAC, IMEI, etc) and we never connect the advertising identifiers to persistent device identifiers.
If you elect to authenticate to our Service using your account on another service (such as a Facebook, Google, or Apple account), we may receive from the other service information like your external account name as well as other information you may choose to make available to us based on your external account settings, such as contact lists and profile photos (if any). You can stop sharing the information from the other service with us by removing our access to that other service.HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL DATA?
We use Personal Data to enable your use of our Service, including to create your account, identify and direct you to nearby parks and trails, and give you customer support. This processing is necessary to perform our contract with you. We also use Personal Data as necessary for the following legitimate business interests:
HOW WE SHARE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL DATA?
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback or questions
- To manage our relationship with you, which includes sending administrative information to you relating to our Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies, and asking you to leave a review or take a survey.
- To analyze how you interact with our Service and provide, maintain and improve the content and functionality of the Service and our customer relationships and experiences, develop our business and inform our marketing strategy.
- To enable us to enhance and personalize the experience we offer to our users. For example, information like your height, weight, gender, and age allows us to provide more accurate statistics including calories burned and distance traveled, as well as relevant trail recommendations. When you allow us to collect precise location information, we use that information to provide essential features of the Service such as navigation assistance, recording an activity, and recommending trails near you.
- To administer and protect our business, the Site and Ramblr Apps, prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Site or Ramblr Apps, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture and networks (including troubleshooting, testing, system maintenance, support and hosting of data); and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or other third parties, and enforce our terms and policies.
In certain circumstances we may share your Personal Data with third parties without further notice to you, unless required by the law, as set forth below:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Data with service providers, including hosting, cloud services and other information technology services providers; email communication software providers and email newsletter providers; database and sales services; customer relationship management, customer engagement, and customer feedback services; payment processors; security services; and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process or store Personal Data in the course of performing their duties to us.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider, your Personal Data and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with legal or regulatory obligations, including to respond to lawful requests from public authorities and to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Site, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Other users and the public. Your profile and other user-generated content (except for messages) may be visible to other users of the Service and the public. For example, other users of the Service or the public may have access to your information if you chose to make your profile or other personal information available to them through the Service, such as when you provide comments, reviews, survey responses, or share other content. This information can be seen, collected and used by others, including being cached, copied, screen captured or stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines), and we are not responsible for any such use of information.
Collection, Disclosure, and Use of Personal Data: The categories of Personal Data we have collected in the preceding twelve months are described above in the “What information do we collect? section. In the preceding twelve months, we have disclosed for business purposes each of the categories identified in that section to the categories of third parties identified in the “How We Share and Disclose Personal Data?” section. The business and commercial purposes for collecting Personal Data are described in the “How Do We Use Personal Data?” section. We collect Personal Data directly from you and from external accounts you use to log-in to the Service Privacy Rights: Where provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, California residents may have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”):
- To know the categories of Personal Data that Ramblr has collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Data, and the categories of sources from which the Personal Data was collected.
- To access the specific pieces of Personal Data that Ramblr has collected about you.
- To know whether Ramblr has disclosed your Personal Data for business purposes, the categories of Personal Data so disclosed, and the categories of third parties to whom we have disclosed your Personal Data
- To have Ramblr, under certain circumstances, delete your Personal Data; and
- To be free from discrimination related to the exercise of these CCPA rights.
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 13. Ramblr does not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Data to Ramblr through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.EU USERS
- Right of access: If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your Personal Data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that Personal Data along with certain other details. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Right to rectification: If your Personal Data is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to ask that we correct or complete it. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the correction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to erasure: You may ask us to delete or remove your Personal Data, such as where you withdraw your consent. If we shared your data with others, we will tell them about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data with so you can contact them directly.
- Right to restrict processing: You may ask us to restrict or ‘block’ the processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of the data or object to us processing it (please read below for information on your right to object). We will tell you before we lift any restriction on processing. If we shared your Personal Data with others, we will tell them about the restriction where possible. If you ask us, and where possible and lawful to do so, we will also tell you with whom we shared your Personal Data so you can contact them directly.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Data from us that you consented to give us or that was provided to us as necessary in connection with our contract with you, and that is processed by automated means. We will give you your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. You may reuse it elsewhere.
- Right to object: You may ask us at any time to stop processing your Personal Data, and we will do so:
- If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your Personal Data -- unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing or we need to process your data in order to establish, exercise, or defend legal claims
- If we are processing your Personal Data for direct marketing. We may keep minimum information about you in a suppression list in order to ensure your choices are respected in the future and to comply with data protection laws (such processing is necessary for our and your legitimate interest in pursuing the purposes described above)
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- Right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent to process your Personal Data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal of consent will not affect any processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw consent.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority: If you have a concern about our privacy practices, including the way we handled your Personal Data, you can report it to the data protection authority that is authorized to hear those concerns (in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), who can be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns, and in other EU countries the data protection authority of the country in which you are located).
You use the Service at your own risk. We comply with industry standards to protect Personal Data both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, no Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or email. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to Ramblr via the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.YOUR CHOICES