San Jacinto County, Texas, United States
time : Oct 22, 2021 8:43 AM
duration : 2h 23m 34s
distance : 2.5 mi
total_ascent : 0 ft
highest_point : 0 ft
avg_speed : 1.1 mi/h
user_id : jlanders
user_firstname : Joe
user_lastname : Anders
Two volunteers did maintenance work at TH10, then mowed back to the Magnolia primitive campsite and did an inspection. At TH10:
- Replaced the broken NRT sign and installed a new Hiker Trail sign,
- Cleaned up the kiosk: removed old staples, swept off the cobwebs, removed unreadable notices,
- Installed new map with QR code and updated emergency contact info,
- Picked up trash.
During the mow back to the campsite, noted the puncheon needs a cross tie to make the runner more stable.
At the Magnolia primitive campsite:
- Missing the campsite marker,
- Sign on the trail is incorrect ("Camp #2") and broken,
- A second direction sign has a broken post,
- No campfire ring,
- Out-of-date notices on the small kiosk,
- Tent pad is missing one of the perimeter posts, others are deteriorated, not level and missing fill, and within 15 feet of the campfire.
- No bench