IMHC, Iron Mountain Horse Camp, Virginia,
Grayson County, Virginia, United States
time : Jul 15, 2020 10:55 AM
duration : 2h 43m 1s
distance : 10.9 km
total_ascent : 347 m
highest_point : 844 m
avg_speed : 4.0 km/h
user_id : imhcvirginia
user_firstname : Iron Mountain Horse Camp
Go out the back of Camp to the IMHC trail head.
- At the first Y stay on the blue diamond to the Right. This will take you to the VHHT (orange diamonds).
- Go Right on the VHHT and continue until you come to the blacktop.
- Cross over the road and continue on the VHHT. You will come to a section that is rocky and there is a Y. Look for red dots on the trees.
- Stay on the red dot trail until it comes to a gravel road, turn right on the gravel road.
- Go until you see blue diamonds on your Left. There is an opening on your left that takes you into the woods. Take the trail a short distance until it comes to a Y.
- At the first Y go Left. This will take through a small river bed and to the blacktop.
- Look toward your right and then stay to the Right and cross the blacktop and continue on the trail.
- There will be a Y section on the trail. At the Y, turn left and go up the hill. This trail will continue up the hill and through the woods. (This trail has no markers).
- Continue until you come to another Y and stay to the left. This will come to an area where you can tie up and take a break. Stay on this trail.
- You will come to another intersection, make sure that you stay to the right, and do not turn left.
- Eventually, you will come out to a clearing that has several logs down in. This is a great place to take a break and relax. The gravel road next to the clearing is CC Camp Road.
- Go left on CC Camp Road. Continue on CC Camp Road until you cross a small bridge and there is an opening with VHHT signs.
- The VHHT go left and right. Stay Left on the VHHT towards Camp. Continue on the VHHT until you see a sign that says trail closed on you right. This trail is not closed.
- Continue on the trail on it comes to the IMHC trail. Turn Right on the IMHC blue diamond trail. You will come to a Y, stay to the left. This will take you directly back to camp.